The objective of this project is to jointly develop a streamlined methodology for the development and evaluation of control systems, including:
- Conceptual numerical design and evaluation
- Extendable software framework for coupling of external controllers
- Hardware-In-the-Loop (HIL) & Software-In-the-Loop (SIL) evaluation
- Onshore and onboard prototype evaluation.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for smart requirement specification and validation.
scope of work
The scope of work is split up in the following work packages:Development of a testbed
for evaluation of controllers. The testbed allows to interface with external numerical controllers as well as fully developed hardware components. The objectives of the testbed are to develop, optimise and evaluate the controller algorithms, to determine the operational performance limits, and to perform a FMECA in a safe way prior to the installation on board. The testbed facilitates interfaces with industrial standard modelling frameworks and communication protocols. Hardware components can be interfaced to evaluate their actual functionality by Hardware In the Loop (HIL) testing.Standard control system design toolboxes
will be facilitated in the testbed Numerical toolboxes speed up the concept development of your control system. A physical toolbox, consisting of standardized control components, will be facilitated for cost efficient model testing of control systems at model scale.Evaluation of your control system within the testbed
JIP partners can test their own use cases following the developed methodology. The Intellectual Property (IP) of the use cases remains property of the partners.Development of standardized performance evaluation methods
KPI’s and tools for the integrated systems. The evaluation methods and tools allow to determine the operability of the vessel including its control systems and relevant sub-systems. The evaluation method and tools are standardised from design to operation. This guarantees a continues step-by-step evaluation approach, which eliminates double work, speeds up the development and results in standardised trustworthy definition of performance.
- Standardized methodology for the development and evaluation of control systems from concept to operation
- Testbed for integration and evaluation of (external) control systems.
- Numerical and physical controller test centre
- KPI’s for smart requirements specification & validation
- Standard for operability evaluation from concept to operation