Besides model basins, software is one of MARIN's main tools providing services for the maritime, offshore and nautical industry. Knowledge and experience developed during our research and development is assimilating into software that is used on a day-to-day basis. Our tools are continuously validated with model test results and full-scale data. Moreover, we develop new software as a convenient way to secure project results for many of our present (research) projects, such as the Joint Industry Projects MARIN participates in.
Due to project confidentiality, the high-tech nature of some products, support limitations and strategic considerations, we have a limited number of software packages available through software sales.
Contact us if you are interested in using specific MARIN software that is not presented below, or if you want MARIN to perform your studies by using our in-house software tools. Just use the contact form below.
Restrictions and requirements
Our aim is to provide as much solutions within the constraints above. Therefore, we have tagged our software to the following models, enabling you to identify restrictions and requirements related to availability, conditions, training and support.
- Boxed: can be bought without any restrictions other than mentioned on our Support page.
- Project (Pro): offered on a project basis. MARIN prepares/configures a project specific software solution based on pro software, which can be used by the client for their hydrodynamic studies in their current projects. This is especially relevant for advanced simulation tools.
- Expert: can be bought but will always be accompanied with mandatory expert training and support restrictions as mentioned for expert support on our Support page.
- JIP: developed within a Joint Industry Project (JIP). Purchase might be possible but will depend on agreements within the specific JIP
- Custom: tailor made for clients using MARIN components and software frameworks.
Our products are written in C++, C#.NET, FORTRAN and JAVA for Windows based operating systems.
Ship performance & hull form optimisation
QSHIP [Expert] Suite, incl. ConvertHullForm, SHIPMO, PRECAL, WASCO, RAOviewer, Operability viewer (pdf)