MARIN has postponed the seminar 'Impact of Seakeeping on the transport performance of ships' because of coronavirus concerns. A new date will be set as soon as possible.
On a new date to be determined, MARIN will organise a seminar about the impact of seakeeping on transport efficiency. A highly relevant subject given the expected inclusion of the design for operational efficiency (energy use) in addition to the current design index (EEDI) on installed power. Participation is free of charge.
This wide-ranging seminar will address the following topics:
- Field observations, opinions of owners on the magnitude of and the mechanisms through which seakeeping affects transport efficiency and safety
- Opinions of ship masters working in the above trades on what makes good seakeeping and present-day experience with the information and tools to avoid and/or manage inefficient and potentially dangerous behaviour in adverse weather
- A view on the state of the art of predicting the hydrodynamic aspects of the behaviour of a ship at sea
- Human factors
- Cargo behaviour and securing
- Diesel engine performance
- Current understanding of the interaction between wind and water; lessons from physical oceanography
- Improving Ship Operations
- Improving Ship Design
Participation free of charge
Venue is Hotel De Wageningsche Berg, Generaal Foulkesweg 96, Wageningen, the Netherlands.
Please make your own hotel reservations if needed. www.hoteldewageningscheberg.nl
For more information contact Paula Roseboom.