March 25-27 2020, MARIN will organise a seminar about the impact of seakeeping on transport efficiency. A highly relevant subject given the expected inclusion of the design for operational efficiency (energy use) in addition to the current design index (EEDI) on installed power.
This wide-ranging seminar will address:
- The mechanisms behind and the impact of seakeeping on the efficiency of the transport of general/project cargo, containers, passengers and vehicles
- The way ship masters experience their ships and operational guidance
- Seakeeping hydrodynamics (behaviour, added resistance)
- Criteria for tolerable behaviour (safety, human factors, sea fastening, structural damage)
- Interaction of the atmosphere and the ocean waves conditions
- Prospects of design on first principles
- Prospects for improving ship design, operations and guidance
Detailed programme and registration will be available soon. For more information contact Guilhem Gaillarde.