March 25-27 2020, MARIN will organise a seminar about the impact of seakeeping on transport efficiency. A highly relevant subject given the expected inclusion of the design for operational efficiency (energy use) in addition to the current design index (EEDI) on installed power.
This wide-ranging seminar will address the following topics:
- Field observations, opinions of owners on the magnitude of and the mechanisms through which seakeeping affects transport efficiency and safety
- Opinions of ship masters working in the above trades on what makes good seakeeping and present-day experience with the information and tools to avoid and/or manage inefficient and potentially dangerous behaviour in adverse weather
- A view on the state of the art of predicting the hydrodynamic aspects of the behaviour of a ship at sea
- Human factors
- Cargo behaviour and securing
- Diesel engine performance
- Current understanding of the interaction between wind and water; lessons from physical oceanography
- Improving Ship Operations
- Improving Ship Design
Venue is Hotel De Wageningsche Berg, Generaal Foulkesweg 96, Wageningen, the Netherlands.
Please make your own hotel reservations if needed. www.hoteldewageningscheberg.nl
For more information contact Paula Roseboom.